Posted by : Ham JavaNet Sabtu, 02 Maret 2013
Read and Write SMS messages right from your Android tablet!
Tired of putting down your Android tablet to check a new SMS on your phone? Me too. Cloud SMS is run on both your phone and tablet to allow you to send and receive SMS messaging from your tablet. My design goal was to build upon the stock Android Messaging app feel, with simplicity in mind.
This app works over the Internet and does not require bluetooth, does not share (or transmit) your contacts, and even hashes your account email for added security. All messages are transmitted over HTTPS with a high level of encryption for an added measure of security and privacy.
- Install and run on tablet.
- Install and run on phone.
- All done - send your first SMS from your tablet!
Open Settings and change the Contact List Style to Contact Search / Number Entry. This option allows you to choose a contact by name with auto-complete, or by entering a phone number for the recipient.
- You will need to have the same Google account on both devices. If you have multiple accounts, you may have to select the correct account in settings.
- MMS is not supported at this time, but will be added in the future.
- Setting to use Stock SMS icon on tablet
- Contact Icon skipping on scroll
- Last contact photo showing when viewing unknown contact
- Contact list position memory
- Marking messages read when opened from Dashclock
- Message Popup opening when app is visible
- ^ character being stripped
- Message Times was tablet based
- Phone Ringtone didn't stop on Missed Call
- Receiving messages when app is closed
- Screen flash on dark theme start
- Ringtone selection not updating UI
Required Android O/S : 2.2 ~ 4.1
Reviewer: Ham JavaNet
ItemReviewed: Cloud SMS v2.1.9 APK