Posted by : Ham JavaNet Rabu, 06 Maret 2013
This widget simply shows your current location in numbers!
GPS Widget Pro play.google.com.gpswidgetpro
This widget simply shows your current location in numbers. Latitude and Longitude are received from the GPS location provider or from the network location provider if GPS is not available.
The altitude is queried from open MapQuest API which yields in a more accurate result than receiving the altitude by GPS. So this widget is also interesting for hiking (altimeter).
- Display your current location in numbers
- Additional information (Street, City, Postal Code, GPS satellite fix)
- Shows your altitude with high accuracy
- Share your location with friends via SMS, Email, etc.
- Different location formats are supported (Decimal Degrees, Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM), ...)
- To save battery power you should switch off the widget when you do not need it. You can force the widget to switch off automatically after some time in the settings.
- This is no GPS toggle widget. You can not turn on and off GPS. You simply get clear information about your current location.
The widget needs the following permissions because:
- Your location: it's obvious ;-)
- Network communication: query altitude
What's in this version : (Updated : Mar 5, 2013)
- MapQuest API changed: altitude works again
Required Android O/S : 2.1+
Reviewer: Ham JavaNet
ItemReviewed: GPS Widget Pro v1.2.13 APK